Wednesday 29 September 2010

Size Doesn't Matter

For as long as I can remember I have played my wargames with large armies, but it hasn't always been that way.
I originally started gaming in the days of second edition 40K, so skirmish games have always been there but for some reason big armies took over and became the norm. However after countless years of wargaming I can't give up, or so  thought. A sudden 'shift' in the local scene has seen an uprising of small scale games and I find myself being dragged kicking and screaming into the fashionable set. Yet I feel dirty, so so dirty. I look ove my shoulder to make sure no-one is watching whilst I order an new plane or new blitzer. Maybe I should get a mistress, perhaps then I would feel clean, or maybe skirmishing is my mistress. Is that why at the end of the day I go crawling back into my hobby room, pick up my army case and without a word I play with my Skaven or Space Marines. That only leaves one question, when my 'mistress' turns and begs me to be with her and her alone will I be man enough to do the right thing or will the vicious circle start over again? Only time will tell . For now though I must go, I hear my beloved calling........ Where did I put that BloodBowl pitch

1 comment:

  1. I'm in agreement with you Chub, while I love the big games I'm still very much attached to skirmish games like Bloodbowl (As well you know) and mordheim / necromunda, but trying to find people to play them or who even like them is tough... makes me feel like its som dirty secret I have which has to be kept quiet :)

    keep up the blogging

    ReplyDelete