Sunday 1 May 2011

Funhammer the Sequel

So I went to my brother in laws for another game of 40k, however this time I upped the points limit to 1500 as it was just the two of us. Big mistake...... To paraphrase Darth Vader the pupil has become the master. Perhaps it is my fault, the first rule of combat is never under estimate your enemy, yet I took a soft list. I may as well have taken a knife to a gunfight. That and the dice gods turned there back on me yet again. (Damn you, you fiends.) Anyways back to the game, it was Seize ground with three objectives and the standard twelve inch deployment. As for lists I took
Belial
5 man Scout squad, Heavy Bolter, 3 Sniper rifles
Two Terminator Squads with Assault Cannons

Dreadnought MultiMelta, Droppod
Two Devastator squads with 4 Missile Launchers
Predator Las-Cannon Sponsoons
Landspeeder Heavy Bolter and Assault Cannon
Like I said a soft list.
Now my oppo took an unexpected foot slogging Eldar list, which had a liitle bit of everything.
Farseer and Warlocks
3 units of Pathfinders (God I hate these when they have a 2 up cover save.)
5 Fire dragins with an Exarch
5 Banshees with an Exarch
5 Dark Reapers with an Exarch and Maugen Ra
Wraith lord
there were various liitle extras for each unit and I hate them all equally :) Now as far as an actual battle report goes that is still beyond me, I still get to involved in the game to take down notes, but the things that stick in my mind are the failure of my Ternies and Dreadnought to come down till turn four, and Pathfinders that would not DIE.........................
Oh well s**t happens, next time I will take a harder list. The gloves are well and truly off.

No comments:

Post a Comment