Monday 5 September 2011

Out With The Old In With The New

So four months without posting anything is a long time, yet in this time my gaming life has completely changed. Following various items issuing from GW I have completely given up on wargaming, I haven't played a game since February, I have also slowed down on my purchases, yet despite all this I do find that the mountain of lead doesn't get any smaller, I seem to have purchased vast quantities of USMC and the Third Reich are threatening to takeover my painting table. Perhaps I should have blogged this all sooner but like being caught in the doldrums, it has taken a while for my mind to reach normality and realise there is more to life than toy soldiers, yet maybe a break is all I needed as last weekend I played a game of WHFB and it was like slipping on a pair of comfortable slippers. Yet I am aware of its overwhelming power, to drag you in and suck the life out of you, its ability to sacrifice you on the altar of the Dice God. Perhaps now I stand stronger, or perhaps not, I am aware that the next big thing will undoubtedly draw me in. I WILL fall in love with a new army or new system, and yet a sense of calm settles over me as I realise that I am not alone. There are thousands like me across the globe and like me they I will just have to shoulder the burden.

2 comments:

  1. I think you're speaking for the majority that play this hobby, it's pretty much all or nothing at times personally I feel a lot of it is to do with the people that you play with or at times the lack of them to play against, dictates your eagerness in the hobby after all it can end up being work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think youre right I spent the last 18 months living, eating and sleeping wargaming, and I hit the limit but I still tinker =)

    ReplyDelete